This interesting article by Sound Eagle covers the nuanced issues with contemporary measures of truth. Worth reading right now. The issues are becoming even more complex as artificial intelligence spreads. We can still know reality from its sights and sounds, but as all humanity receives the ability to create visible and aural objects, these basics of reality lose their solidity.
⚠️Notes:Hovering with a mouse cursor over a hyperlinked text or image in this post will bring up a tooltip showing descriptive information or instruction.
Click or touch an image to enlarge or comment on it.
Click the headings below to jump to different sections within the post.
- Introduction : All the World’s a Stage of Misinformation
- Cognitive Biases : A Minefield of Mental Traps for the Unwary
- Infodemic : Media Landscape & Information Ecosystem Pollution
- Hype, Bias, Affect : Appeal to Emotion & Lazy Thinking
- Misquotation & Misinformation : A Gateway to Bad Conduct
- Social Media : Social Amplification & Cultural Tribalism
- Infographic : Escaping Confirmation Bias & Echo Chamber
- Social Fracture : Existential Crisis, Subjectivity & Acculturation
- Fact-Checking : An Emerging Market Fraught with Issues
- Post-Truth : Weaponizing…
View original post 63,301 more words