“The H. sapiens Problem” by Garry Rogers
Let’s pretend that intelligence appeared in Earth’s first multi-celled creatures. Down through the eons, all species were intelligent, but between species, intelligence was not equal. This story is about two rabbit descendants, warriors by choice, who live in the time of the humans. Humans. Artistic, friendly, inventive, energetic, ambitious, but, compared to other species, slow-witted, physically weak, and irresponsible. The two rabbit warriors pursue an investigation of local human aggression that leads them to the massive global challenge to end human pollution, aggression, and rampant reproduction.
Corr Syl saw the bomb, shouted a warning, and stepped in front of Rhya. As the blast of burning air and shrapnel struck, he ricocheted off Rhya and slammed into a stone bench. Rhya pulled herself up, saw the assassins coming out of the tunnel, snatched up Corr’s scorched body, and ran.
A conflict driven by hatred and greed ensnares Corr Syl and Rhya Bright, two young rabbit descendants trained in military arts and modified for combat. Human desire for wealth and power brings on the conflict. The warriors must either resolve the human problems by changing the species’ culture and behavior, or by calling for the species’ elimination, the more generally popular solution among all nonhuman species. And then, they learn of an imminent attack by intergalactic aliens!
- Publication Date: Dec. 7, 2016
- Publisher: Amazon/Coldwater Press
- Size: 3499 KB, 88,000 words
- ASIN: B01N6EOQ1T
- Audience: Teens
- Price: $ 2.99
- Available: Now from Amazon.com
- Publication Date: Jan 4, 2017
- Publisher: Coldwater Press
- Size: 6” x 9”, 390 pages
- ISBN-13: 978-1541157187
- LCCN: 2016921063
- ISBN-10: 1541157184
- BISAC: Juvenile Fiction / Science Fiction
- Subjects: LCSH Environmental protection–Fiction. | Conservation of natural resources–Fiction. | Human ecology–Fiction. | Environmentalism–Fiction. | Science fiction. | BISAC JUVENILE FICTION / Science Fiction.
- Classification: LCC PZ7 .R633 Hs 2017 | DDC [Fic]–dc23
- Audience: Teens
- Price: $ 21.95