Sourced through Scoop.it from: www.doi.gov
GR: This beautifully illustrated blog post explains how climate change threatens these species. The U. S. Department of the Interior provide the post. This is the agency that:
- approves fossil-fuel exploration and extraction,
- approves excessive livestock grazing that removes forage needed by wildlife, spreads weeds, and increases fires,
- approves power production and transmission projects that benefit humans and harm wildlife,
- promotes recreation and tourism often at the expense of wildlife habitat, and
- decides which species get to be protected under the Endangered Species Act.
All of this indicates that resource management cannot be sustainable in a political system like that of the U. S.