An advocate for wildlife and nature conservation, I write about plants, animals, and natural landscapes. My experiences with the vegetation ecology of North American deserts, forests, and coasts have made it clear that disastrous changes are occurring. I write and blog to draw attention to what’s going on and encourage others to join in the defense of nature.
- BRR Enterprises.– Partner
- Research Associates.– Founder, CEO
- University of Utah.– PhD Candidate, Teaching Fellow
- InterScience, Inc. –Director
- Columbia University in the City of New York. –Professor
- U. S. Forest Service. –Senior Research Scientist
- U. S. Justice Department. –Science Consultant
- Academic Distributing, Inc. –Founder, CEO
- Agua Fria Chamber of Commerce. –Founder, President
- Agua Fria Open Space Alliance, Inc. –Founder, President
- Southern Yavapai Water Users Association. –Founder, President
- Universal Life Church. –Ordained Minister (non-religious weddings only)
- Highlands Center for Nature Conservation. –Ants
- Author. —Then & Now, Bibliography of Repeat Photography, Arizona Wildlife Notebook, The H. sapiens Problem, Birds of Dewey-Humboldt, Arizona, Butterflies of Yavapai County, Arizona.
Poirot the Parrot
When my daughter was small, I told her stories about a foolish young parrot named Poirot (Pwä-rōw). A few years ago I began compiling a set of the stories for her and my son to read to their children. I found that retelling the stories helped make them more interesting. It is best to do this at bedtime when children will do anything to avoid going to sleep. Here’s the link to a PDF copy of Bees and Birthday Cake–How Poirot Lost a Tail Feather.
Garry Rogers Honors
More than just reporting my awards, I wish to honor the institutions that take time to evaluate the work of so many like me in an effort to encourage their productivity.
Kirkus Star awarded to Corr Syl the Warrior. “A beautifully written novel that will captivate sci-fi fans of all ages.” —Kirkus reviews. –June, 2013.
SigmaXi The Scientific Research Society. Elected to Full Membership (lifetime).